Hello Fellow EDAE 692 Students,
For this course, I decided to read "Mentor" by Laurent A. Daloz. This is the 2nd edition to the book "Effective Teaching and Mentoring." I chose to read this book because I feel that mentoring is a forgotten aspect in many educator's practice. I want to learn more about mentoring, what it means, and how to be more effective at it. Everyone has seen the Seinfeld episode with the protege, and they make light of that relationship. It's definitely a funny episode, but the mentor/student relationship is very important. Now a days, we call this guidance and/or counseling. Being a mentor can mean many things, and can be as big or as little as what the people involved make it. I look forward to reading this book and learning more about being a Mentor. Look for weekly postings with discussion questions. Thank you in advance for taking an active role in this blog.
Jake Waldschmidt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment